I like March :) I love Spring and the promise of new things :)
We drove to church last night. The sun was quite low in the sky. We admired all the Bradford Pear trees in blossom. Hannah said "They've got snow on them!" :) They were beautiful :)
On an alternate route that we sometimes take to town, lives a man who raises goats. One day soon we will stop by and ask if we can admire his baby kids :) My children love animals :)
Before going to church I told the children I had a surprise for them. I took them to the Tractor Supply store. We followed the sound of the chirping until we found the water troughs being used as chick corrals. Little itty baby chicks. About four different breeds; blacks, yellows, and cinnamon colord babies. There were also some baby ducks that we fascinated over :) The children were very good and didn't squeeze nor handle roughly. Although one poor baby felt the floor suddenly, he was quite alright.
Caleb seated in his stroller, grabbed the side of the trough so he could peek over and look in! :) He is so gentle. I held a chick for him and he stroked it's head :)
Hannah was tall enough to be able to reach in and pick out her own chicks to hold, but I handed Nate's to him. He wasn't too sure about the feet touching his hands... they felt prickly! :)
Shaun and I have been talking about keeping chickens and recently we have progressed to chicken coop designs :) I would like to keep Buff Orpingtons and raise them from chicks. TSC offers an ordering catalogue. Your chicks arrive at your local post office! That will be a treat for our local postladies! :) I'll have to remember to take my camera :)



No comments:
Post a Comment